The TCS3200 Color Recognition Sensor Module uses a high-quality light sensor allowing you to sense any color through a combination of Red, Green, and Blue. The module provides all of the pins of the TCS3200 on convenient 0.1″ headers – ideal for use with PCBs, breadboard or stripboard.
Four white LEDs provide plenty of light for the color sensor and allow you to use the module in any ambient light.
The module requires only a single supply voltage between 2.7V and 5.5V – making it compatible with nearly all common microcontrollers, including PICs, AVRs, ARM, Arduino and more!
The pinout is clearly labeled on the board and is as follows
Header one on the left side of the board
- S0: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S1)
- S1: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S0)
- OE: Output Enable – if held low, the output of the module is turned on
- GND: Ground – connect to 0V
Header two on the right side of the board
- S3: Photodiode type (along with S2)
- S2: Photodiode type (along with S3)
- OUT: Output – A square wave appears here showing the intensity of the detected colour
- VCC: Power – connect to 2.7V-5.5V
The Photodiode type pins allow you to pick which color light you are currently detecting:
S2 S3 Photodiode type
Low Low Only red light
Low High Only blue light
High Low No filter
High green light
By combining the reading of each of the three colors, you can identify any visible color!
- High-resolution conversion of light intensity to frequency.
- Chip pins all has drawn for standard 100.
- Put the needle (2.54 mm).
- Mil-convenient for bitmap board.
- Programmable color and full-scale output frequency.
- Communicate directly with a microcontroller.
- Low-profile surface mount package.
Package Includes :
1 x TCS3200 Color Recognition Sensor Module
What voids warranty:
If the product is subject to misuse, tampering, static discharge, accident, water or fire damage, use of chemicals & soldered or altered in any way.