The RAMPS 1.4 3D Printer Controller Board Arduino Mega Shield is designed to fit the entire electronics needed for a RepRap in one small package for low cost. RAMPS interfaces an Arduino Mega with the powerful Arduino MEGA platform and has plenty of room for expansion.
RAMPS can only work when connected to its motherboard Mega 2560 and A4988/DRV8825. Owning to its stability in operation and great compatibility with the most 3D printer (all RepRap-model such as Prusa i2 and i3). The combination of Ramps1.4 + MEGA2560 + A4988/DRV8825 is becoming a mainstream of DIY 3D printer control board.
The modular design includes the plug in stepper drivers and extruder control electronics on an Arduino MEGA shield for easy service, part replacement, upgrade-ability, and expansion. Additionally, a number of Arduino expansion boards can be added to the system as long as the main RAMPS board is kept to the top of the stack.
Additionally, a number of Arduino expansion boards can be added to the system as long as the main RAMPS board is kept to the top of the stack. Ramps boards are the heart of most DIY 3D printers on the market and a nice clean compact way to integrate all the systems into a compact enclosure mountable format.
Specifications & Features of RAMPS 1.4 3D Printer Controller Board Arduino Mega Shield :-
- Supply Voltage: 12V
- Standard interfaces (as that of the extruder)
- Reserved GCI like I2C and RS232
- 3 MOSFET’s are applied to the heater/ fan and thermistor circuit.
- Another 5A added to protect the component parts.
- An 11A fuse is added to the hotbed.
- Support 5 stepper drive board
- The adoption of Pin Header as Pololu makes it more convenient to repair or change.
- I2C and SPI are reserved for expanding
- All the MOSFET can be controlled by PWM
- Use the interface of the servo motor to adjust the level of the printing platform automatically.
- Adding an SD module for SD ramps module.
- LED can indicate the status of the heater (the open and close of MOS).
- Expandable to control other accessories.
- Pololu boards are on pin header sockets so they can be replaced easily or removed for use in future designs.
- 2 stepper motor for Z axis in parallel.