The PIR Sensor module allows you to sense motion. It is almost always used to detect the motion of a human body within the sensor’s range. It is often referred to used “PIR”, “Pyroelectric”, “Passive Infrared” and “IR Motion” sensor. The module has an on-board pyroelectric sensor, conditioning circuitry and a dome shaped Fresnel lens.The PIR sensor module provides an output “HIGH” when a human body is detected within its range and an automatic Delay “LOW” when the body leaves its range. The delay time is adjustable using the potentiometer on-board. The minimum delay time that can be set is 5 seconds and maximum of 200 seconds.
The blocking time potentiometer is also provided on-board to set the blocking time during which the sensor does not respond to any change in motion. The minimum blocking time that can be set is 2.5 seconds and maximum of 10 seconds.
- Wide range on input voltage varying from 4.V to 12V (+5V recommended)
- Output voltage is High/Low (3.3V TTL)
- Can distinguish between object movement and human movement
- Has two operating modes – Repeatable and Non-Repeatable
- Cover distance of about 120° and 7 meters
- Current Consumption: 65mA
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +80°C